The old lament ”I can’t meditate” must surely be an excuse used by people who have really never tried or maybe don’t really know how.
Actually if you:
- just close your eyes
- relax your body
- then follow your breath, i.e. notice your breathing in
- breathing out
- breathing in and breathing out
- as you breathe in say ”in”
- as you breathe out say ”out”
- you will notice that your thoughts will start to interupt your ”ins” and ”outs” so try to just let them pass
Now you have been meditating! Not so difficult is it?